Description : Davana is imported worldwide for its sweet fragrance and illustrious medicinal values and is used to glorify the idol of Lord Shiva in India. Botanically known as Artemisia pallens, Davana is a member of the daisy family, Asteraceae. Regionally called as davanam in Tamil and Davana in Kannada, this fragrant herb is indigenous to the southern parts of the Indian subcontinent.
The essential oil of Davana is extracted from the stem and leaves of this herb by steam distillation method. It is widely used in Ayurveda in the treatment of mental disorders, nervous problems, depression, cough, cold, measles, infections, diabetes and high blood pressure.
Artemisia Pallens Oil is an essential oil obtained from the flowers of the plant, Artemisia pallens, Compositae. Steam distilled flowers of the Davana plant grown in India (mostly Mysore). It has a reddish-orange colour
Benefits & Uses :
- Davana Oil is regarded as being anti-infectious, soothing to dry rough skin, and stimulating to the endocrine system.
- Davana is popular in the perfume industry where it is capable of making a scent unique to the individual. It also has some history in aromatherapy as being a fantastic aphrodisiac and as an agent to combat anxiety.
- It is also extensively used in flavorings of food, liquor and pastry industries
Health Benefits :
- A remarkable antiseptic to relieve you from infections
- A trusted anti-depressant
- Alleviates female problems
- Relieves congestion and eases respiration
- Guards against skin infections and worms
- Supports a healthy atmosphere
- A relaxant to treat your aftershocks
- Matchless natural perfume