Description : Centella asiatica, a perennial herb also known as gotu kola, produces fan-shaped, green leaves that are harvested and used for medicinal purposes.
Centella is a nervine tonic that enhances learning, academic performance and improves mental ability. It acts as an anti-anxiety agent and is used to treat several mental disorders. It also calms restlessness in children. It is used as a nootropic, a drug that enhances cognitive ability.
- It improves blood circulation in capillaries and veins.
- Centella has the power to stimulate nail and hair growth.
- It is effective in reducing arthritis.
- It strengthens the tissues of the skin and improves vascularization of connective tissues.
- This plant has anti-psoriatic qualities.
- It restores the firmness of tissues and improves the elasticity of the skin.
- The sapinins present in the plant prevent the formation of excessive scars and improves the antioxidants present in the wounds.
- Centella is useful in relieving skin graft, gangrene, surgical wounds, burns, traumatic injuries, ulcers, chronic skin lesions and leprosy wounds.
- It is effective in relieving eczema, psoriasis, thread veins, varicose veins, stretch marks, and strengthens veins and arteries.
- Centella is useful for patients who have suffered second and third degree burns. The extract prevents the swelling of skin, shrinkage, formation of scars and helps in faster relieving of the wounds.
Health benefits :
- Skin: This herb is very effective in skin diseases as it has antibacterial and anti inflammatory properties. Its use is recommended in open sores and chronic wounds. Many studies have proved its wound healing properties.
- Nervous system: The herb gotukola boosts memory and grasping power. It is used as brain tonic . Its benefits in conditions like Alzheimer’s disease ,anxiety and depression are also appreciated.
- Digestive System: Mandooka parni increases body fire or agni. Hence its preparations are used inIndigestion, loss of appetite, conditions like Irritable Bowel syndrome and amoebiasis.
- Circulatory system: This herb effectively helps to reduce high blood pressure and edema which arises due to increased blood pressure. It normalizes vitiation of blood due to pitta.
- Respiratory system: The accumulated bronchial secretions or kapha gets easily expectorated when this herb is used in respiratory conditions like bronchitis and asthma.It is very useful in inflammation of vocal chords.
- Urinary System: The usage of this herb helps to reduce frequency of urination. It helps in diabetes.
- Rejuvenation: Regular use of this herb helps in slowing down aging process. Its anti aging properties help to rejuvenate body tissues and boosts body immunity. Lactating mothers can reap the benefits of this herb, as it increases milk secretion and also purifies it.
Habitat : Grown in waterlogged places throughout India.
Uses : It is Tonic, Diuretic and Alterative. It is used in treatment of leporasy and known to ameliorate the symptoms of the disease and improves general health of the patient. It is a brain tonic and stimulates hair growth.
Product Offered : Whole plant, Guggul Powder Extract
Botanical Name : CENTELLA ASIATICA
Family Name: APPIACEAE
Common Name: PENNYWORT, INDIAN PENNYWORT, ARTAYNIYA-E HINDI, JAL BRAHMI
Part Used : Whole Plant