Description : Hemidesmus indicus, Indian sarsaparilla, is a species of plant that is found in South Asia. It is a slender, laticiferous, twining, sometimes prostrate or semi-erect shrub. Roots are woody and aromatic. The stem is numerous, slender, terete, thickened at the nodes. The leaves are opposite, short-petioled, very variable, elliptic-oblong to linear-lanceolate. The flowers are greenish outside, purplish inside, crowded in sub-sessile axillary cymes.
Uses : It is Tonic, Diuretic, Demulcent, Disphoretic and Blood purifier. Employed in Nutritional disorders, syphilis, chronic rheumatism, gravel and other urinary diseases and skin afections. It is also employed as a vehicle for Pottasium Iodine.
Product Offered : Roots
- Skin: It helps in treating Eczema, Erysipelas, Psoriasis, and Urticaria from heat and aggravated Pitta. It ‘cleans’ the blood, stops itching and reduces supperation. The root powder is used to treat STDs that are damp and hot.
- Urinary: Urinary infections with dark red, cloudy, painful urination; cystitis, urethritis, kidney infections, prostatitis.
- Nerves: Its alterative and purificatory nature extends to the mind, hence its used in disturbed, angry or irritated emotions from high Pitta . It reduces Vata indirectly by calming the flames of Pitta.
- It is used in certain bacterial conditions such as Gonorrheal neuralgia, Syphilis, Venereal disease.
- It is used in Auto immune disease such as Rheumatism, Rheumatoid arthritis and also used in Nephritic disorders.
- It is also used in mouth sores of children.
Benefits : Anantmool is one of the Rasayana plants of ayurveda as it is anabolic in effect. It is used for veneral diseases, herpes, skin diseases, arthritis, gout, epilepsy, chronic nervous didorders, abdominal distention, debility etc. It’s saponin content is considered to have a steroidal effect that enhances the production of testosterone.
Botanical Name : HEMIDESMUS INDICUS
Family Name: : HEMIDESMUS INDICUS
Common Name: : SARASAPARILLA, INDIAN SARASAPARILLA, ANANTAMOOL
Part Used : Root
Habitat : Found In Central India.