Description : Chromium is a mineral found in certain foods. The body needs only trace amounts of chromium, and deficiency of this mineral in humans is rare.
Chromium picolinate works together with insulin produced by the pancreas to metabolize carbohydrates.
Uses : Chromium picolinate has been used in alternative medicine to treat chromium deficiency, as an aid to controlling blood sugar in people with diabetes or prediabetes, to lower cholesterol, and as a weight-loss supplement.
Not all uses for chromium picolinate have been approved by the FDA. Chromium picolinate should not be used in place of medication prescribed for you by your doctor.
Chromium picolinate is often sold as an herbal supplement. There are no regulated manufacturing standards in place for many herbal compounds and some marketed supplements have been found to be contaminated with toxic metals or other drugs. Herbal/health supplements should be purchased from a reliable source to minimize the risk of contamination.
Cannot use chromium picolinate if you have certain medical conditions :
- liver disease
- kidney disease
- diabetes (especially if you use insulin)
- an allergy to leather products
- mental illness
- a thyroid disorder
- if you use steroid medicine (fluticasone, beclomethasone, prednisone, and others)
Side Effects :
- thinking problems, trouble concentrating
- problems with balance or coordination
- liver problems–nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, tired feeling, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- sleep problems (insomnia)
- mood changes, feeling irritable
|APPEARANCE||PINK TO RED COLOURED POWDER.|
|CHROMIUM CONTENT||11 ~ 12.4% ON ANHY.BASIS|
|SOLUBILITY IN WATER||INSOLUBLE IN WATER.|
|LOSS ON DRYING||MAX. 6%|
|SIEVE ANALYSIS||PASSES 40 MESH|
|PH||3 ~ 6 FOR 1% SOLN.|
|IDENTIFICATION||COMPLIES WITH STANDARD I.R. COMPLIES WITH STANDARD U.V.|
|ARSENIC||MAX. 10 PPM|
|LEAD||MAX. 10 PPM|
|MERCURY||MAX. 10 PPM|
|TOTAL PLATE COUNT||<1000 CFU/G|
|YEAST & MOULDS||<300 CFU/G|