Uses & Benefits of Nut Grass
- The paste of nut grass is used in treating skin related ailments like scabies and eczema and helps in relieving itching.
- The paste is used in increasing the size of the breasts. It also purifies the breast milk, improves eyesight and helps in eye related ailments.
- The extract from the roots is instilled into eyes in conjunctivitis, to reduce the pain, redness and ocular discharges.
- Nut grass, when taken in powdered form, improves digestive system, removes worms from the gastro-intestinal tract, curbs infection and purifies blood.
- The powder is massaged to reduce the subcutaneous fat deposition in case of obese people.
- It normalizes the menstrual disturbances and breast discomfort and maintains normal body temperature.
- Nut grass proves useful in diseases like psychosis and epilepsy and mental diseases.
- The herb helps in healing wounds and uterine contraction and provides strength to the body.
- It is used as a diuretic to treat ulcers and as an emmenagogue and an ingredient in warm plasters.
- The herb proves to be a keen stimulant in appetite, digestion and digestion of ama.
- Nut grass is an effective remedy for distaste, vomiting, diarrhea, colitis and dyspepsia.
- It is considered the best herb for treating any type of fever.
- The root is often used for developing high memory.
- Nut grass is beneficial in treating cough and asthma, since it alleviates the kapha.
- The herb harmonizes liver, spleen, and pancreas. It helps in curing thirst, bronchitis, dysuria and poisonous affections.
- It is often used as an insect repellent for perfuming clothing.
|CYPERUS SCARIOSUS ( NAGARMOTHA )
||LIGHT YELLOWISH BROWN COLOURED POWDER WITH SLIGHT BITTER TASTE
||T.L.C. COMPARISON WITH AUTHENTIC CYPERUS RHIZOMES
50% V/V ALCOHOL
|PH OF 1% SOLUTION
||5 ~ 7
FOR VOLATILE OIL
FOR TOTAL TRITERPENES AS HEXANE SOLUBLE