Description : Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) is a flowering plant species in the carrot family. It is a hardy, perennial herb with yellow flowers and feathery leaves. It is indigenous to the shores of the Mediterranean but has become widely naturalized in many parts of the world, especially on dry soils near the sea-coast and on riverbanks.
It is a highly aromatic and flavorful herb with culinary and medicinal uses and, along with the similar-tasting anise, is one of the primary ingredients of absinthe. Florence fennel or finocchio is a selection with a swollen, bulb-like stem base that is used as a vegetable.
- Fennel is used as a diuretic, antispasmodic, pain and fever reducer and also has antimicrobial properties.
- It soothes the bronchial tubes and has a mild estrogenic effect.
- Fennel relaxes the muscle lining in the digestive track and helps to tackle problems like gas, indigestion, colic, dyspepsia and reduces intestinal spasms.
- It increases lactation in nursing mothers.
- Fennel is also useful in relieving menstrual problems and provides relief from the griping effects of laxatives.
- The juice which is extracted from the fruit or herb is useful in relieving catarrah and coughs of the respiratory tract in adults and children.
- The root of the plant is useful in relieving urinary disorders.
- Fennel leaves are used as a herb in salads and also snails and fish.
- The seeds of the plant are used in flavouring biscuits, breads, stuffing and sausages.
- Fennel can be used as a mouth wash for relieving sore throat and gum disease. The essential oil can be used as a liniment to apply on the chest for relief from bronchial congestion.
- The essential oil can be used to relieve conjunctivitis, skin ailments and blepharitis of the eye.
Rich in phytoestrogens, Fennel is often used for colic, wind, irritable bowel, kidneys, spleen, liver, lungs, suppressing appetite, breast enlargement, promoting menstruation, improving digestive system, milk flow and increasing urine flow. Fennel is also commonly used to treat amenhorrea, angina, asthma, anxiety, depression, heartburn, water retention, lower blood pressure, boost libido, respiratory congestion, coughs and has been indicated for high blood pressure and to boost sexual desire.
Fennel is a useful addition to any of the Breast Enlargement herbs and has an impressive number of other health benefits.
Fennel is also commonly used to treat amenhorrea, angina, asthma, heartburn, high blood pressure and to boost sexual desire. Fennel is a mild appetite suppressant and is used to improve the kidneys, spleen, liver and lungs.
Fennel is an effective treatment for respiratory congestion and is a common ingredient in cough remedies.
It is also used for cancer patients after radiation and chemotherapy treatments to help rebuild the digestive system. Fennel relaxes the smooth muscle lining the digestive tract (making it an antispasmodic). It also helps expel gas.
It is a tested remedy for gas, acid stomach, gout, cramps, colic and spasms. Fennel seed ground and made into tea is believed to be good for snake bites, insect bites or food poisoning. Excellent for obesity. It increases the flow of urine. It is gargled for hoarseness and sore throats.
|FOENICUM VULGARE ( FENNEL SEED )|
|DESCRIPTION||LIGHT YELLOWISH BROWN COLOURED POWDER WITH PECULIAR ODOUR & TASTE.|
|IDENTIFICATION||T.L.C. COMPARISON WITH RAW MATERIAL – POSITIVE.|
50% V/V ALCOHOL
|PH OF 1% SOLUTION||5 ~ 7|
TOTAL TERPENES AS HEXANE SOLUBLE
|TOTAL ASH||MAX. 10.0%|
|MOISTURE CONTENT||MAX. 6.0%|