Description : Fumaria Officinalis a 90-centimetre- (3-foot-) tall, climbing annual plant with lacy leaves and spikelike sprays of white or pinkish tubular flowers.
Fumitory is an annual plant of somewhat variable characteristics, often resembling a bush, but also growing as a low, trailing shrub. It has gray, pointed leaves that, at a distance, give the plant a wispy appearance of smoke. The pink-purple flower blooms in spring. The flowering plant (aerial parts) traditionally has been used in herbal medicine.
Uses : Fumitory has been traditionally used as a laxative, diuretic, and as a treatment for dermatologic conditions such as eczema. Limited evidence suggests that it benefits those with hepatobiliary disorders.
Fumaria Officinalis is found in a plant and can be used to treat eruptive skin diseases such as eczema. It contains alkaloids, potassium salts, and tannins and is also a major source of fumaric acid; fumaric acid is created naturally by the skin when it is exposed to sunlight and is used by cells to produce energy. Fumitory has traditionally been used to treat irritated skin, as a digestive tonic, and in sclerosis of the liver.
- Anti-inflammatory – Fumitory works well to heal swollen, red, and painful skin and other organs.
- Psoriasis and Eczema – Because of Fumitory’s anti-inflammatory qualities it works well for treating both eczema and psoriasis.
- Rashes – Fumitory made into a cream or an ointment is great for itchy rashes.
- Acne – Fumitory also heals acne and clears up blemishes thus bringing about beautiful skin.
- Detoxing Agent – Because fumitory contains lots of great antioxidants it also works well for detoxing the blood and liver.
- Diuretic – Fumitory is also a great diuretic helping to rid the body of excess water accumulation and toxins.
- Sedating – Fumitory is sedating… slowing a racing heart and lowering blood pressure.
- Arthritis – Because of fumitory’s anti-inflammatory qualities it works great for arthritis and joint disease.
- Antibacterial – Fumitory is a good antibacterial agent that kill bacillus and staph infections.
- IBS and GI Problems – Fumitory has also been used to treat irritations of the GI tract and sooth away bloating, pain, diarrhea, constipation, and stomachaches.
- Liver Disease – Studies show that fumitory can heal gallbladder disease, inflammation of the liver, and help bile to flow from the gallbladder. It has been shown to improve liver function by up to 80% plus detox and heal the liver in general… and stimulating liver function. Fumitory also prevents the formation of gallbladder stones, and works as a great antispasmodic compound for the gallbladder.
- Antioxidants – Fumitory is full of antioxidants that help to slow the aging process.