|Lycopene is the carotenoid that gives the characteristic bright red colour to tomatoes, guavas, watermelon and pink grape fruit.
Lycopene is a proven antioxidant and neutralizes free radicals which may damage the body’s cells. In the body, lycopene is deposited in the prostate gland, liver, lungs, colon and skin.
Epidemiological studies have shown that high intake of lycopene is inversely associated with
the incidence of certain types of chronic diseases. Interestingly studies have shown that the lycopene complex is more bio-available when it is subjected to mild heating process.
Natural Lycopene Complex
Synthetic lycopene contains only lycopene extract whereas Organic Natural Lycopene, not only includes lycopene but all the naturally occurring phytonutrients found in tomatoes, such as Phytoene, Phytofluene, Tocopherols and Beta-carotene without the sugar and water. These phytonutrients act in synergy with lycopene, and are collectively called the lycopene complex.
- Tomato Lycopene is a lycopene complex which has been uniquely extracted and formulated to contain Lycopene along with other micro-nutrients such as phytoene, phytofluene, tocopherols and Beta-carotene.
- Lycopene is a highly unstable compound by itself. We offers highly stable Lycopene formulations in a versatile range of Oils, DC grade microencapsulated powders, Beadlets and Cold water dispersible powder based on end applications.
- Tomato Lycopene complex in oil is well homogenized in vegetable oils, such as sunflower oil and is extremely suitable for soft gel encapsulation.
- Due to the uniform homogenization, our oil forms a uniform suspension of lycopene needles which are less in number and smaller in size. As a result, soft gel capsulation is easier and soft gels do not break during the manufacturing process.
- The unique manufacturing process ensures stability, provides a homogenized mixture with uniform Lycopene content and guarantees non-crystallization and prevents settling during storage. Our Lycopene oil has other micro-nutrients such as phytoene, phytofluene, tocopherols, Beta-carotene and tomato lipids.
- Tomato Lycopene Complex is offered in beadlet forms that have high compressive strength and excellent flow parameters. The particle size is 500 –
800 microns. The beadlets go through rigorous multiple coating process to prevent oxidation of Lycopene.
- The beadlets are also formulated to prevent any “bleeding” of the lycopene complex during tablet compression, hence providing high stability to the formulation. Our lycopene beadlets are suitable for manufacture of Tablets and for filling in a two piece hard shell capsule, and can be used in premixes and pre-formulations.
- Tomato Lycopene is also developed as a microencapsulated powder which is ideal for Direct Compression. In addition to Tomato lycopene all other ingredients are vegan origin. The product has higher compressive strength, excellent flowability and stability. The particle size is less than 500 microns.
- For the functional food & beverage market, we have introduced the Cold Water Dispersible Powder and the Cold Water Suspension products. The CWS product is a unique formulation, which forms a uniform suspension. Our Cold Water Suspension product is suitable for application as a coloring agent in food products and in beverages.
- Our Cold Water Dispersible product is suitable for application as a coloring agent in food products such as beverages and nutritional bars. These formulations are 100% Vegan and offer a stable, easily dispersible and give a good red color.
- Tomato Lycopene can also be offered as a premix or blend with other carotenoids and antioxidants for instant formulations.
- All our lycopene products have been guaranteed stability for a period of 2 years.
In addition to tomato Lycopene, all other ingredients we use are vegan origin. We do not use gelatin or sugar in the process. All ingredients are classified as GRAS by regulatory authorities
- We have developed a process that offers the highest recovery of lycopene content in tomatoes.
- We have also developed a unique process for manufacturing high purity lycopene crystals of the purity range from 40% to of 70%.
- The beadlets go through rigorous multiple coating processes to prevent oxidation of lycopene.
- Our manufacturing processes of Oils, Beadlets, Powders, in addition to Tomato Lycopene uses only ingredients of Vegan origin that have been certified as GRAS by regulatory authorities. It does not use gelatin or sugars.
- Our lycopene formulations also goes through rigorous tests on stability in various condition of manufacturing like tablet punching, capsule filling, etc.
Natural Lycopene Complex is available in powder, Beadlets and Oil formulations in the various concentrations mentioned below. Our product is gelatin free and 100% Vegetarian.
- Microencapsulated Powder (D.C.Grade): 5%, 6%, 10%.
- Tomato Lycopene Cold Water Dispersible Powders(For Food Fortification, Food Additives and Dietary Supplements): 6%, 10%, 15%.
- Tomato Lycopene Oil: 5%, 6%, 10%, 15%, 18%, 20%.
- Cold Water Soluble (Suspension): 1%, 3%, 5%, 6%.
- Beadlets: for hard Shell Capsules: 5%, 6%, 10%.
Natural Lycopene Powder and Beadlets are packed in 1Kg, 5Kg or 25Kg food grade aluminium Bags, which are nitrogen flushed, heat sealed and then packed in a fiber drum.
Natural Lycopene in oil is packed in 1Kg, 5Kg or 25Kg food grade aluminum containers further packed in corrugated cartons.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from heat and light. Keep sealed under nitrogen when not in use. In the case of Lycopene oil the product can settle down at the bottom of the container during storage. It is recommended that the product be stirred vigorously before removal from the container for analysis.
2 Years if stored under ideal storage conditions.